Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

HOME IS WHERE ROMANCE THRIVES

ACTOR Jalaluddin Hassan of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? fame ex-udes charm and romance through and through. The way he whispers and speaks to his wife, Nor Hashimah Haji Mad Ehsan, it is as if the cameras never left him.

“Jalal is such a romantic man. He has been very ‘manja’ and loving ever since we got married 27 years ago,” said Nor Hashimah.

“Can't blame me - she has pampered me from the day we got married,” said the actor at his home in one of the exclusive Ampang Jaya residential areas.

“Makanpun bersuap (I even feed him with my own hands). He eats in the bedroom and never at the dining table unless there are guests,” said Nor Hashimah.

With such affection, it is no wonder that their home is themed “romance.”

”Home is where I unwind and enjoy the company of my wife.

“My children know that I do not like to be disturbed when I am home,” said the 50-year-old Jalaluddin, whose children are aged between nine and 24.

Though he leaves the house's decor to his wife, he prefers warm colours like blue and green.

“It has to be cooling to the eye, and I like space,” said Jalaluddin.

There are two living halls in the house and to separate them, Nor Hashimah uses a glass cabinet, which holds her Queen Anne silverware and crystal glasses collection, as a divider.

She has a different sofa set for each area - one traditional and the other contemporary.

The cream-coloured classic English-styled love seats are especially arranged for a private tête-à-tête.

Bright flowers, glass and silverware and other wall ornaments highlight the living room, which provides guests with a warm welcome.

“I do not believe in neutral colours. I think colours should not be boring.” Nor Hashimah said.

The white walls enhance the lavish Art Deco and intricate art pieces while the charming Roman-styled curtains provide a light, airy feeling to the whole area.

The eight-seater dining set with glass top is majestic gold in colour. Despite the regal-looking ambience, the dining area still has an appealing simplicity.

The black piano beside the dining table adds glamour and colour to the room and takes the romantic theme further.

The only room downstairs has been converted into a gym.

“I just love the room. It is small and personal,” said Jalaluddin.

“My favourite pastime is to spend it with my wife. I like to read, play the piano or exercise in the gym.

“On weekends, I will have karaoke sessions with my family at my brother's (Datuk Fuad Hassan) house, which is just across our house.

“My wife does not allow me to do anything around the house.

“That is why I tell people I only know how to relax at home,” he said.

BY ZIEMAN - PUBLISHED 22/3/2004

No comments:

Post a Comment