Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE, PLEADS AZNIL

SHAH ALAM: TV compere Aznil Nawawi pleaded with the press to leave his family alone after he read the headlines in yesterday's papers.

``Please leave my family alone. The hassle I went through is enough. I don't want to elaborate on it,'' said an upset Aznil in a telephone interview yesterday.

The popular compere was commenting on the RM350 fine which he had to pay at the Federal Territory Lower Syariah Court for divorcing his wife Zauyah Tarmizi without the court's permission.

The 38-year-old former Pop Kuiz host had from his Taman Keramat house in Kuala Lumpur, telephoned his wife in Penang in October 1997 to say, ``I am divorcing you.''

He was charged under Section 124 of Akta Undang-undang Keluarga Islam Wilayah Persekutuan 1984.

The divorce was made official by Judge Syarie Tawadzo Abbas on Sept 14 last year.

The couple was married for nine years and have two children Fildza Haifa, nine, and Fariq Haizen, six.

``Though I'm very upset, I don't view the whole divorce as messy. Things happen because they happen. I just want to get on with my life,'' said Aznil who runs Kirabagus Sdn Bhd which he set up seven years ago.

He also produced, directed and hosted the popular Candid Camera-style Kamera Apo currently screened over ntv7.

``We have this mutual understanding not to talk about each other in the press whether it's about the divorce or our marriage,'' Aznil said.

BY ZIEMAN - PUBLISHED 5/7/2000

No comments:

Post a Comment